Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Stove Experience 2

So after trying the baking soda/water experiment. I opted for some cheap oven cleaner for the inside of my stove. It was easy to use and It worked wonders, and that's how I roll, so I went with it. Lol.

Something I did find handy from allllll the stove cleaning pins I had, was something I had never thought of.
Take out your wire trays and put them in the bathtub with the hottest water you can get and some vinegar. Wait a few hours and all you have to do is lightly scrub them and they are clean! I did this while still in the tub because it makes cleaning those huge things much easier.
((!Caution! you will have a ring around your tub, so if you plan on cleaning that the same day, wait till AFTER your stove experience))

Next for me was the stove top. This I clean all the time, so that's no big deal for me. A couple tips I've found that help though.
#1 turn on your oven.
I know this sounds strange, but with the oven on it heats up the stove top which makes it easier to remove grease and grime with out having to scrub.
#2 I use some simple All Purpose 409, to shine it up.

Here's the kicker for me. I have a gas stove, and those quirky stove burners are a PEST!
They have so many crevasses and awkward places to have to clean its a real chore to get them even the slightest bit clean. To make them look new again?...HA Yea Right!?
Here is where our dear old friend Pinterest has saved me!

Literally all you need is this:
-Gallon ziplock bags
-baking sheet/pan
-your dirty stove burners
-1/4 cup Ammonia
-some elbow (but not elbow grease..cause that would mean this would be a little hard and you would have to work at it...this does not apply here)

All you do is get your baggie, put your burner inside, pour in the ammonia and zip it up. Place it on the baking sheet, just in case it leaks, although mine never did.

Now you wait...

It says 8 hours, I probably left mine in for a little over 24 hours. I put it in before work and while the kids stayed at grandmas a couple days for spring break, I used this as an excuse to eat out, cause I'm "cleaning", lol.
After your wait time unzip and pour the grossness down the drain. It will smell like an 80's perm job, Just so you know, lol.
Throw away your Baggie and run some hot water, grab a scrubber and use that elbow to start seeing a new stove burner emerge!

You will still have the weird crevasses and stuff to work around, but this makes it SOOOO easy, I couldn't even imagine complaining about them anymore!!

Fun fact: even though 1/4 doesn't seem like much, it's not the liquid itself that is cleaning your burners, it's the fumes.

*Makes me feel like some sort of Chemist, Feel free to insert huge words and elaborate speech when explaining this to anyone, even if its just your kids, they will think you are a Chemist too, lol.

*~Sumer~*

1 comment:

  1. This makes me excited!! I can't wait to have a dirty stove!

    ReplyDelete