Thursday, August 1, 2013

LIGHTSABERS RULE!!

I'm not for sure who was more excited about this DIY, my boys or me, lol. 
We already have light sabers, but for a very cheap cost and for the sake of having something "new" (oh and the fact that they are less likely to hurt one another helps!) we took on this challenge!!!!!  :)

VERY SIMPLE SUPPLIES!

Found them all at the Dollar Tree, except for the little silver Duck tape that was less than $2.00 at Walmart and of course the cutting supplies I already had at home. 

Step #1
Cut the pool noodle in half. Use bread knife that has a serrated edge for easy cutting. 

Step #2 
Cut two pieces of duck tape and position over the end to look like this


Step #3 
Take the black electric tape and just start wrapping up to wherever you want. 


Step#4
Time to let your imagination go wild! 
Just cut and make whatever design you want!! 

And Vola! YOUR DONE! 




*Disclaimer: If you have Star War fans in your household be prepared to google the different light sabers from the movies to make them "accurate". 
    I had to remind my 2 boys twice that these are just something simple to play with and for fun, because I was getting requests for buttons, switches, and places to put crystals, lol. 

All in All this is a GREAT project and SUPER easy to make!! 
Rain or Shine I recommend this for some simple fun! 
Oh and Trenton came up with the idea if using them in a Pool as well because, "Well they are after all pool noodles and will float"
:D

**Made By Sumer**

No comments:

Post a Comment