Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wax Paper Disaster

My husband has a lot of plaques and awards he acquired throughout his Navy career. Every person who has been in the military a long time has an "I Love Me" wall which we are attempting to create in our den. I saw in the Pinterest World that you can use wax paper to arrange pictures on the wall. Brilliant?!....not so much!

Here is the design I was going for.

Then I turned them all over, keeping the same design.


Lay wax paper over the back of the pictures. This was when my disaster started. There is no easy way to keep the wax paper straight...and if your wax paper isn't straight, then how are you going to know it's straight on the wall? I also had to tape the wax paper in a million places or it fell all apart.  Then I made holes in the wax paper where the holes in the pictures were so I knew where the nails were supposed to go on the wall.

First attempt at hanging the wax paper. Now, if you have a really really super small arrangement you're doing, it might work fine. My arrangement was at least 4 feet tall and maybe about 6 feet wide. I was also doing this all by myself. I am woman hear me roar.

This was probably my millionth attempt at getting the stupid paper straight on the wall. I was hot and frustrated and I don't like giving up!
UGH!! Never again!! If you have 5 people helping you, you might be able to pull off this "tip". Pinterest Fail!

Elisha

No comments:

Post a Comment